What is virtual learning?
Traditionally, Reidmount classes are held in person in a classroom setting. However, due to health and safety issues caused by COVID-19, all Reidmount classes have gone virtual.
Virtual learning is education that takes place over the internet. It is also known as "e-learning", "distance learning", "remote learning" and "online learning".
Our online classes utilize a state-of-the-art videoconferencing platform and are set up to replicate the classroom environment in the following ways:
- weekly scheduled real-time classes
- teacher-led live and interactive sessions with students
- teacher and students engage simultaneously in learning activities
Technology tools used in our e-classes to deliver lesson contents and enable productive collaboration include:
- microphone and camera so teacher and students can see/communicate with each other
- computer screen sharing of materials
- on-screen annotation without installing external hardware
- online whiteboard used like the traditional classroom blackboard to provide visual aids when explaining concepts
- built-in text chat box for instant messaging to the teacher when needed
Looking to sign up your children for the Reidmount courses? Click here for the registration information.